Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Serious Leaf Peeping

Well, there's some serious leaf-peeping going on here. Or what normal people call "taking in the fall foliage." I know you've heard it before if you've been reading my blog in the past few months, but after my eye surgery, everything is just so gorgeous and this is the first autumn I've ever seen the leaves so well.

Spent a lot of time outside yesterday with a friend just looking at the leaves -- it's nearly peak for peeping -- and boy, is it something to see. Can't even find words for the colors, but I'll try. Copper and cadmium yellow and rust and persimmon and vermillion -- what a swoon of color.

There's a bike path where you can walk, run, rollerskate, bike, scooter, you name it from my town all the way into Cambridge -- a good hour's walk -- and it was full of people ecstatically enjoying yesterday's terrific weather. With our ski underwear hanging at the ready on the closet door, we don't miss an opportunity to enjoy what's left of fall around here.