Saturday, September 13, 2003

How To Ruin A Perfectly Good Salesforce in 10 Easy Steps

You know me, I can't resist writing "How To" books. So here's my new one and I expect it to be as lively as my Alpha Male treatise. Full of laughs, full of sex, full of tears. I've been in sales and marketing for a long time -- as a salesman -- not as a sales manager -- and I've always found it fascinating that salespeople are mismanaged so expertly.

We are treated so poorly on such a consistent basis -- you have to wonder if they are consulting a manual on how to destroy a sales team. I've searched high and low for such a diabolical book -- none exists -- so I've decided to write it myself.

To be fair, I've had some terrific sales training, sales managers and worked in great sales organizations. Everything is going along just wonderfully in these hallowed halls of American business and then all of a sudden, they decide to make a few IMPROVEMENTS and that's when it all falls apart.

Appearing here soon: Step 1: Focus Group