Tuesday, January 14, 2003

"Did James Bond Have A Lizard?"

My son is in my office here at home reading the new James Bond reference work I just got and asks me "Did James Bond Have A Lizard?" I made broiled salmon for dinner, but he talked me out of it and so I made tuna fish for him instead. In fact, I made two excellent tuna fish sandwiches, he even convinced me to eat tuna and put the salmon away for tomorrow. My secret is Apple Cider Vinegar to give it a kick. We're just hanging out avoiding doing his homework. I look at the book -- it's an iguana, and it belongs to Franz Sanchez, the South American drug trafficker in License to Kill. It wears a diamond collar. And you thought I just wrote about James Bond without doing rigorous and substantive research? No way.

I ask him to read the name of the book, since he's getting to be a great new reader, "James Bond, The Secret World of Zero Zero Seven" he says. No, I correct, he's called "double O seven" These important things must be taught at home.