Wednesday, October 02, 2002

I Stand Corrected

Okay, I'm here at 1 Infinite Loop with Kevin Marks -- Apple HQ in Cupertino -- and he's told me the real fish story. "So a lady lands at Boston airport and gets in a cab and says to the driver, 'Take me somewhere I can get scrod!" And the driver says, "I've never heard anyone use the pluperfect participle before!"

Anyway, it the most sunny gorgeous day here and how fun to meet Kevin and (don't tell anyone) take advantage of his employee discount to get a Airport Base Station to call my own. And I can't get my hands off of these iBooks -- oh shit, they are lovely -- and boy would it be easy to plunk down some Yankee dollars and take one home. The company store looks very fun. Wish I could pull up a truck and empty most of the contents into the back of it.